In January 1819 there was a fire in church which did considerable damage. Benjamin Gummow, Architect, was’ authorized to manage the repair of the church’, and Sir Watkin replaced the pulpit with one designed by Francis Smith for the chapel at Wynnstay in the mid-eighteenth century.
Standing on an hexagonal plinth, it is enriched with egg-and-dart and other carving. The upper section has four complete sides decorated with acanthus at the base and borders of the egg-and-tongue and floral carving round the panels. The angels are ornamented with vigorously carved scrolls of Rococo form, enriched with flowers.